This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! -Psalms 118:24

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

the latest and greatest

It has been such a crazy busy past few weeks!!  (Hence my lack of posting!)  


ABSOLUTELY GREAT NEWS TO REPORT:  All blood work has came back on Kalen and she is ok!! Well, she has mono, which isn't great, but she doesn't have what they thought it was!!  I have been so blessed to have healthy, happy kids-(minus a slight scare at birth with the twins), and for the first time I was faced with the possibility of something horrible being wrong with one of my sweet babies.  Absolutely heart wrenching! My heart breaks every time I think of those parents that don't receive the phone call of a clean bill of health; that instead receive devastating news that their perfect little angel is fighting something that might end their precious little lives early.  If I have learned anything at all from this experience it's to 100% cherish every moment you have with your children.  Every scraped knee, every tear, every laugh, and every smile because life is so short.  And to lean on God - I learned that in fact I cannot control everything, that there are things that are in fact completely out of my control. That feeling of helplessness is what it took for me to realize how powerful and great He really is.  (Not that I really didn't already know that)  My faith and complete support of all my friends and family got me through those difficult few days.  Thankfully, Kalen was unaware of anything going on and did relatively ok during the needles and cat scans and x-rays.  I have to thank ALL the people all over this United States that were praying for my family during that time.  And I have to thank God for watching over us!  The faithful part of me knew the entire time that God had a perfect plan, as He always does, it was just the mommy in me questioning it - go figure - Melissa questioning something! :)


So,basically she just needs to take it easy for the next little bit and get plenty of rest.  She just happens to be the most hyper kid I have ever met...this "rest" thing is crazy to her!!  
*********************************************************************************
So, approximately 4 hours after receiving the good news about Kalen, I started feeling horrible.  It hit so fast!  By the next morning I could barely get out of bed, Shane actually had to stay home for 2 days which is completely unlike me...usually, no matter how bad I feel, I can still take care of the kids and house.  Not this time! So one shot and a round of oral antibiotics later, I am finally back to normal.  It left about as quickly as it hit.  I can honestly say that was the sickest I have ever been and hope and pray it never happens again.  I tell ya, when you are stressed, I don't think your body can fight anything off!!  
**********************************************************************************
And this week my oldest, Jaden, started her first day of Kindergarten.  This killed me.  I can't believe my little girl is old enough to go to school.  And I have trouble handing her over to just anyone...her Kindergarten teacher does seem really nice so that makes it easier.  And Jaden absolutely loves school!  She's so much like me it's scary :) Here are a couple of pictures of her first day.  


     

A True Beauty!! 
(please excuse that packing mess behind her...we are moving!)

*She actually had me just <gulp> drop her off and not walk her in on only her 2nd day - little miss independent breakin' her momma's heart :(  She did great though.  Of course!  She's way smarter than I give her credit for :) I guess I just still want her to need me...is that so wrong!?!?!?!?!  
**********************************************************************************
So, while big sister was at school and Corben is with his dad in Texas, (they went to Six Flags for a little mini-vacay and Kalen couldn't go because she has to protect Mr. Spleen) Kalen and I went to Chuck E Cheese's and enjoyed some much needed one-on-one time!  Her and I had a blast.  She actually asked me to just follow her around with the money, and of course, I obliged!  Here she is riding the jeep: 


Another True Beauty! 

Shane and I bought the gallons and gallons of paint this weekend for our new house...before and after pictures to come.  We have an extremely busy next few weeks ahead.  We close at the end of this month and have to be out of our duplex by then too...and I CAN'T WAIT!!!  

I hope you all have a great day and a great week...I will post again soon!

-Melissa  

1 comment:

  1. Great! Awesome to hear about Kalen! We were praying.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and comment - I would love to hear from you!